Thursday, August 11, 2011

Can I teach myself piano?

I have been playing the piano my whole life. This is exactly what I recommend: Get a teacher, learn the basics. Spend a year with that teacher working really hard and absorbing everything. they have to give you. Then, once you have a firm foundation, you can use the internet and music literature to teach you. If you want to become professional, then you certainly need a teacher to get you there because there is so much about music that you would never know unless someone taught/explained it to you. But if you want to play for your own pleasure, I strongly suggest you get a good teacher to give you a good foundation, then you can teach yourself through youtube, piano forums, music literature, harmony and theory from people like Schoenberg just like I do, and you should be just fine

No comments:

Post a Comment