Saturday, August 6, 2011

Would you be confused?

I know this is really silly. I have a fairly new friend who lives near me. She is getting a home hairdresser and I suggested I come over too and get my hair done and she said that was a good idea. Last night, she and a couple of other friends came over for dinner and she said that she had made the appointment and I said that I would ring the hairdresser to see if she could fit me in too. She said that it was ok. I said that don't you remember we spoke about it and she said she'd just get her hair done. I was confused and I felt the atmosphere go weird wondering what on earth had happened. At the end of the night, when we could talk alone, I asked her what was going on and she explained that she has an embarrassing problem and doesn't want to get her hair done in front of others and that it wasn't personal. I said that was fine and apologised for offending her in any way. After she had left, it just kept playing over in my head as to why she just didn't flat out refuse me when I first suggested it. I felt very awkward in front of the other ladies when it happened. What would you have done? Do I have a right to feel perplexed? I also feel really silly and feel like I did something wrong and feel dense for not reading the situation right.

No comments:

Post a Comment